Friday 22 February 2013

50 All Natural Beauty Products You Can Make Yourself

I looked at my bathroom counter this morning and realized that I buy very few commercially-manufactured beauty products anymore. Mixed up in baby food jars and other reused containers, my daily arsenal consists of homemade shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, toothpaste/tooth whitener, lip balm, lip gloss, dry skin salve, and solid perfume. The goats milk soap I buy is locally made by a non-profit goat rescue farm. And my kids use a lot of the same stuff I do.
I started making my own beauty products because I'm cheap, and I couldn't stand the idea of paying retail prices for things that I could easily make, and make better, for much less. But I've expanded the items I make because, like many of you, I'm concerned about what the chemicals in all of those commercially produced products are doing to my body.
The items below are easy and fairly inexpensive to make. You can customize many of these to your own preferences. And you'll have the peace of mind of knowing that you aren't putting anything harmful on your body.

0 comments:

Post a Comment